Saturday, March 31, 2012

Hopetoun class

Hopetoun is a special place to me as I have been up there teaching (or having a stall) at least 6 times. Many of the ladies who attended my class had done most of the dolls I had taught before hand so it's like meeting with old friends. Many thanks to Faye for doing such an excellent job of organising the weekend. Thanks to Judy and Wal who looked after Trev and I most capably. We always have a ball. Since arriving home, we have had a couple of batches of beautiful pumpkin soup ..courtesy of their flourishing vegie patch....and a hint from Bev who supplied pumpkin soup each day as part of our beautiful lunches. Here's some photos of some of the ladies with Annie in various stages.












Annie was the subject of the class....an old doll with some different techniques. In the original photo of Annie that the girls saw, she had a straw hat and beautiful leather bag which I have not since been able to purchase so I stole a bag from one of my other designs, and on Sat night amidst wine and dinner concocted a new hat for Annie. Both were made from felt using perle no. 5 so completely hand sewn. I hadn't completed the bag( strap had not been stitched) and forgot (apparently) to take a photo of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment