Sunday, April 28, 2013

Flowerdale

Wow !!!!  Have finished this lovely quilt and just need to have it quilted.  I have always loved the combination of subtle blues and beiges, and combined with the greens and hint of browns this is truly a flavor I love.
Of course don't be limited by this color range, as I am sure it would look equally as good in reds and browns/caramels...another favorite color combo of mine.
Gail has deigned this with needle turned applique in mind, but because I am an absolute texture freak I have to do it in the hand buttonhole stitch to get that rich texture I desire.
Size: 42 x 56"
Pattern: $29.70
Kit: $148.50
The photo shows Gail's colors. Mine are very similar, but I have used a cacky green as the narrow border and will also use that as the binding. I will photograph mine early this week and pop it on for you.

Kit includes all fabrics for quilt top and binding as well as the pattern.
An additional price  of  $13.05  if you want threads and  fusible web. ( price to include 6 x DMC  hanks as a started pack- may be sufficient dependant on how and where you use the various blues and greens).
Postage and Handling included within Australia. Overseas: credit card only.


some of my blocks which I was hoping you could see the texture of the stitching...actually all the pics are a little wishy washy.



Flowerdale


No comments:

Post a Comment