Friday, March 9, 2012

News: Inspiring designer No 1. Kim Diehl

Kim is my featured designer in my February newsletter.
Kim Diehl has for many years impressed me with her beautiful designs.
Her color choices  used in her scrappy look quilts -generally with a mixture of piecing and applique to suit all levels of quilter- are a delight.
Her books are crammed with designs for a variety of quilting projects......particularly wall, bed and lap quilts. with full page colored photos and  colored photos of piecing and applique steps to supplement her excellent instructions.
The tips she offers with regard to fabric selection and the principles of quilting are excellent.
If you haven't tried  a Kim Diehl pattern, you would not be disappointed if you did. Books retails around the $50ish mark although one of the patterns on my blog ( Country Whig Rose) is $12.50....that's the one I am making at present. Hopefully my photo and pricing of kits will be available to view on my blog by the end of March- next newsletter date.

No comments:

Post a Comment