Saturday, March 31, 2012

Benalla Bear Fair

It was our pleasure to attend the inaugural Bear Fair held at Benalla last weekend. Jan from "Gingerbears of Benalla" did a first class job organising this show, and local ladies from the hospital auxilary shone in their role of hostesses for the day. This is a glimpse of our stall. Many thanks to Liz Stanley from Teddlywinks for the photo (as I had forgotten to take one until my stall was 1/3 dismantled (and in a bit of a tangled heap). Like Liz who has a new 2 door car, we traveled in my little 2 door Astra coupe, so with 2 reasonably large people and a case for personal items, there was not a lot we could cram into the remaining space, but the stall came up Ok with mostly bear items to display and sell.Thanks Jan for organising such a great space for my display and to John for managing to get those enormous quilt stands assembled. I am sure the next event you organise will be just as great.

I also enjoyed doing a demo on using the applique mat for assembling figures for applique. Thank goodness my voice returned for that but lost it again on the way home.  Eight weeks of peace for Trev !!

No comments:

Post a Comment